Bat Removal Rochester, NY
Have a bat in the house? We are available 24/7 for emergency removal. Call Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control at 585-330-8786
Not in the Rochester area? See the bottom of the page for a list of counties we service.
Not only do we remove bats, but we bat proof as well! Need your attic cleaned out after the bats are gone? We also do that!
Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control is the last call for bat removal and proofing you need to make. Often we are called in after another wildlife company tried bat proofing, and/or didn’t honor the warranty they gave to the customer. We are trusted as the only wildlife sub-contractor for Orkin serving Rochester to Corning, and referred by numerous pest control companies throughout Western, NY.
Bats: Two most commonly found bats in residences and buildings in Rochester, NY and the surrounding areas, are the Little Brown Bat, Myotis Lucifigus and the Big Brown Bat Eptisicus Fuscus. If you think you have bats in your home it is likely to be one of these two . Bats are a Rabies vector species, and there guano can carry the fungus spores that cause Histoplasmosis.
Some signs of bats:
- During dusk or dawn you may see bats exiting and entering the building. (Dawn is the best time to catch a glimpse of bats entering a specific area of the building)
- Scat (guano) may be observed. The little brown bats guano is about the size of rice with the big brown bats guano being larger. It will crumble into a dust unlike mouse dropping which do not. Bat guano may be spread out in an area or found in larger piles.
- Slight brown colored rub marks left behind from body oils and dirt located at entry/exit ways.
Accidental bat entry: If a bat has made its way into your home by accident try to keep the bat in a room. Shut your heat vents, open 1 window with a screen in it. Try to keep the lights as dim as possible to avoid having the bat seeking out a dark area. and place a towel at the bottom of the door. The bat should calm down and make its way to the open window providing easy capture of the bat.
- Rabies has become a epidemic in bats. This is a myth. The likelihood that you are going to get rabies from a bat is low but can happen. Bats almost never attack people but will bite if provoked or for self-defense. However If you have been or think you may have been bit or scratched by a bat the bat needs to be sent in for rabies testing. (DO NOT HANDLE THE BAT WITH OUT PROPER PROTECTION. CALL A PROFESSIONAL).
- All grounded bats are sick. Myth. Occasionally pups will end up grounded when learning to fly. (DO NOT HANDLE THE BAT WITH OUT PROPER PROTECTION. CALL A PROFESSIONAL).
- If a single bat in the colony has rabies they all have rabies. MYTH.
- The bat is not going to give you a new hairdo. If a bat is flying near you do not swipe at it, it will avoid hitting you.
Bat proofing your residence or building: Bat proofing is recommended if you are having problems with bats living in your attic, walls or other areas of the building or residence (see below for bat proofing times). Bats can enter a crack that is 1/4″ wide by 1 1/2″ long. Bat houses should be installed around the property to give bats an alternate roost instead of the building or residence (this will keep bats around the area. They eat insects and keep populations of insects down in your area).
When should bat proofing be done?
- April -beginning of May: Complete bat proofing may be done. A check-valve (one way door) would need to be used to make sure that all bats have exited.
- Mid May- beginning of August: Only a partial proofing can be done as there are young pups that are unable to leave the roost. Everything but the main entry/exit could be sealed off.
- End of August- November: Complete bat proofing can be done. Again we would have to use a one-way door or check-valve to allow all bats to exit before the job can be completed.
Not only do we bat proof, but we also do attic clean outs if you want it. Did the bats leave behind a big mess? Let us clean up for you. With out the proper gear cleaning up large amounts of guano is hazardous to your health!
We proudly service all of Monroe county, Genesee County, Livingston County, Ontario County, Wyoming County, Wayne County, and Yates County. Not on the list? Give us a call odds our we service your area as well!
In need of Bat Removal in or around Rochester, NY? Available 24/7 Give Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control a call today and schedule an inspection for your bat proofing needs. 585-330-8786