Norway Rat (Rattus norvegicus)
Signs you have rats:
- Squeaking, scratching, and the sounds of chewing coming from your walls, ceiling, or between floors.
- Droppings usually ranging from 1/2- 3/4″ long with blunt ends. These can be found along counters, cabinets, drawers, basement floors along walls, near food, under sinks, and in attics.
- There may be a oily/dirty look that has gotten darker over time along areas that the mice travel heavily. (This comes from the dirt and oils that are deposited by the rat as it brushes against surfaces)
- Gnaw marks (they do this to keep the size of their teeth trimmed)
- Nesting material in wads approximately 8-12″ in diameter.
- Out side burrows ranging from 1.5 – 2 feet deep and around 3ft long with 2 or more entrances. The hole it self is around 2 -4″ wide.
What can Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control do to solve your rat problem?
- We Do Not Use Poisons to Control Rats!!!! So please don’t ask. If you decide to use a company that uses poison, note rats do not go searching for water after they ingest it. Most times the rat will end up dying in a wall or other area of the home causing a foul odor that will remain until the decomposition process is done. We prefer trapping and exclusion.
- A complete inspection of your home needs to be done.
- Exclusion work to prevent the re-entry of rats. *Best choice*(note a rat can fit through small holes. If their head fits the body will follow)
- We will locate any and all entry points that can be found.
- Once the determination of what has made your home a place rats like has been made; we will work with you to solve your rat problem.
If you are currently having a problem with rats, then it is time to give Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control a call today. We will inspect the area, and work with you to solve the problem.
Eviction Nuisance Wildlife Control, proudly serving Rochester, NY and its surrounding areas. 585-330-8786